Forum Slow Down

Members may announce shows they are in, books they have published, articles they have written or are mentioned in, are any other successes they wish to share.
sanchell

Forum Slow Down

Post by sanchell »

Greetings, All.

Wanted to let you know that I will be teaching one of my two annual workshops in Cuba beginning this Thursday, March 18. I will not be back until April 2. The internet is almost non-existent in Cuba. As a result I will not be able to monitor and maintain the site until I return. That doesn't mean you can't use it, I just won't be available if there is a problem.

It's gonna be tough though. On Tuesday President Obama will be there and on Friday I'll be taking my group to a free open air Rolling Stones concert. Sorry you missed out on this one. :-)

Of course, in December you could join me in Havana and you won't have to worry if the forum is working or not. I can call the Stones and ask if they'll play for us again.

4x5 and smaller cameras welcome. Film or digital.
Do it in the Dark,

Steve Anchell
darkroommike

Forum Slow Down

Post by darkroommike »

Thanks Steve, that would be great. Say "Hi" to Mick. Cuba is on my wish list but I don't really see it happening.
darkroommike

Forum Slow Down

Post by darkroommike »

BTW your stupid punbot doesn't work, e.g. what kind of camera uses 4x5 film, only answer it would accept is view camera but I can name at least three other types of camera that use 4x5 film. And "D-76 is a film:" is that supposed to be a true or false or what? No way to tell...I'm logged in that should be enough.
sanchell

Forum Slow Down

Post by sanchell »

The 4x5 question is set for several correct answers, view camera, large format, etc. The D76 needs to be tweaked. Would you please take a hand at questions to stop bots? I have a difficult time thinking up simple photography related questions like this. :-)
Do it in the Dark,

Steve Anchell
darkroommike

Forum Slow Down

Post by darkroommike »

Sure questions like:
  • Which is the larger aperture f/8 or f/16
  • Ansel [fill in the blank]
  • Tri-X ISO=

OK, it's harder than it looks, hope you can use at least one of the three I proposed. Other than a few starting hitches I really like the site, nice clean layout and a pretty impressive list of moderators.

Mike
sanchell

Forum Slow Down

Post by sanchell »

Much better questions than mine. It's lucky his name was "Ansel" and not "Bill." I used them all. Thank you for the kind words on the forum. Let's hope it grows and grows with new "young" photographers discovering the darkroom and wanting answers.
Do it in the Dark,

Steve Anchell