andynguyen

Rodinal

Post by andynguyen »

i'm trying to put together Rodinal.

somehow the formula given here

https://www.flickr.com/groups/32592441@ ... 978523578/

and here

http://www.digitaltruth.com/articles/stainingdevs.php

look similar & the amount of active ingredient seems to agree. while in the Developing Cookbook version 3 I have it's hugely more (100gr/1.xxL). The instruction also seems weird as it does not give the final volume coz the solution A is already 1L, then another 280ml or so of solution B.
sanchell

Rodinal

Post by sanchell »

I cannot speak for flickr.com or digitaltruth, but in The Film Developing Cookbook, 1st ed., Bill Troop and I write:

"There have been hundreds of unauthorized publications of the 'original' Rodinal formula. All of the most authentic ones consist of 100 grams of p-aminophenol hydrochloride and 300 grams of potassium metabisulfite in a liter of water ..."

After that, all you can do is try the flickr and DT formulas and compare them to the results with the CB formula and let us know what you find!

If you don't have a copy of The Film Developing Cookbook, 1st ed., you better get one now before the 2nd ed. is published and it's no longer available. Of course, the 2nd ed. will be better, but you won't want to miss out on having a copy of the 1st!
Do it in the Dark,

Steve Anchell
geoffreyswan

Rodinal

Post by geoffreyswan »

Hello Steve.. I just purchased Edition 4 of the Darkroom Cookbook - arrived yesterday and I am half way through and thoroughly enjoying every bit of it... are you suggesting that 1st Ed has stuff in it that is NOT in 4th Ed... and that I now need consider purchasing 1st Ed?
sanchell

Rodinal

Post by sanchell »

Not at all. What I am saying is that if you purchase a new copy of the 1st edition of either the Darkroom Cookbook or the Film Developing Cookbook directly from Focal Press I will receive an additional $1.25 on my next royalty check. :)
Do it in the Dark,

Steve Anchell