Datatainer labels

Use this forum for questions about equipment, maintenance, and building a darkroom or for Do It Yourself / Build Your Own gear. If you have something to buy or sell use the Buy & Sell Darkroom Equipment forum below.
concerninglight

Datatainer labels

Post by concerninglight »

OK, really stupid question...

What writing device do you use to write on the Datatainer bottle label areas?
tim.bowman

Re: Datatainer labels

Post by tim.bowman »

Asking questions is never stupid.

I use grease pencil (a.k.a. china marker.) It comes off with a bit of rubbing if you need to change the label.

Sharpie marker works if the bottle is dry, but it's... permanent, you know? Later, you can cover up the marker with a piece of masking tape. Again, the bottle has to be dry. It starts to look messy after a while, but it works. Which is worse, messy bottles or confusing dev and fix?
sanchell

Post by sanchell »

This is THE question that has plagued photographers since Nicéphore Niépce first labeled his bottle of Bitumen of Judea to tell it from his bottle of silver chloride.

I use Tim's second method, masking tape on a dry bottle. However, I'm going to try his grease pencil method the next time I need to label a bottle.
Do it in the Dark,

Steve Anchell
concerninglight

Post by concerninglight »

It just felt like a stupid question as it seemed like the solution should be apparent.
I've tried everything from pencil to dry erase markers. Grease pencil was next but thought I'd poll for others ideas.

lol Steve

thx
Dale