The Darkroom Cookbook 4th Edition

Members may announce shows they are in, books they have published, articles they have written or are mentioned in, are any other successes they wish to share.
sanchell

Post by sanchell »

I am very pleased to announce the publication of the 4th edition of the Darkroom Cookbook. The DCB is the classic reference for all things darkroom. If you are working in film, or are interested in trying film, you need this book.

This edition, published 22 years after the first, will include new submissions by Christina Z. Anderson, Jill Enfield, Kimberly Schneider, Amanda Means, Martha Casanave, and Alexandra Opie, as well as the usual gang of suspects, Bruce Barnbaum, John Sexton, John Wimberley, Gordon Hutchings, Tim Rudman, France Scully-Osterman, Mark Osterman, Richard Garrod, Henry Gilpin, Patrick Gainer, Rod Dresser, and many more.

It will also include a long overdue section on septic systems, calculating enlargement time, Lith printing with formulas, an updated materials and sources section. Errors in the 3rd edition have been corrected, the worst of which was John Wimberley's WD2H+ pyro formula.

The new edition will be published by Focal Press and should be available in March. You can preorder a copy from Amazon athttp://amzn.to/1P7fA3T.
Do it in the Dark,

Steve Anchell
Gary Quay

Post by Gary Quay »

I'm looking forward to it. I have used The Darkroom Cookbook for years, and recently, I've been thinking about making the leap to alternative process. Congrats on publishing.

--Gary
JB Harlin

Post by JB Harlin »

Congratulations! Thanks for your continued support of traditional photographic processes. The DCB is a must have for anyone working in the wet darkroom.
gimenosaiz

Post by gimenosaiz »

Congratulations!! I'll pre-order it. Thank you for this site :-)

Best regards from Spain !!
Antonio

my film Flickr
Crashbox

Post by Crashbox »

This looks quite interesting. I enjoy experimenting with different developing agents and combinations thereof, and insights from others as well. Reckon I'll pre-order one!
SPPhoto

Post by SPPhoto »

I received my copy of the new book yesterday. It's looking awesome. I'll finally have answers to questions I didn't even know I have yet!

Thanks
Stephen Prunier Photography
jilltyree740

Post by jilltyree740 »

fantastic i really enjoy
sms service | SMS Marketing Applications | bulk sms service
sanchell

Re: The Darkroom Cookbook 4th Edition

Post by sanchell »

There are two cryptic posts from you on the Darkroom Cookbook Forum. As we have had problems with people on this site purporting to be darkroom workers who in fact were not, would you please identify yourself, a web site would be good, and explain what you mean by your posts.

Thank you.
Do it in the Dark,

Steve Anchell