looking for a Dunwright & Vogel digital thermometer

Use this forum for questions about equipment, maintenance, and building a darkroom or for Do It Yourself / Build Your Own gear. If you have something to buy or sell use the Buy & Sell Darkroom Equipment forum below.
Kimberly

Post by Kimberly »

Any chance any of you have one you'd be willing to part with? Or something similar that is equally precise?

Mine just went and it's really hard to keep chemical temps stable in the winter, since my darkroom gets so cold, so I'm trying to find a replacement asap.

Thanks in advance!
Kimberly Schneider

www.kimberlyjschneider.com
sanchell

Post by sanchell »

Kimberly. I may have a digital thermometer for you, if I can find it. In the meantime, check out the forum post on darkroom heaters. In addition the cadet heater I currently use, I have also used an oil-filled radiator heater, like the one Keith Pitman suggests in his post. You can find some that don't have lights and if they do you can cover the light with black tape.
Do it in the Dark,

Steve Anchell
Kimberly

Post by Kimberly »

Thanks, Steve, that would be great! Will do. I've been using a pretty decent space heater that I made a blackout plastic cover for, for years now, but it doesn't exactly cut it with proper ventilation in winter and I do worry about it overheating, so turn it off every now and then. I've actually been meaning to find a better one to replace it with since everyone sold out of heaters last winter, but am pretty limited wattage wise, since my building has really old wiring...
Kimberly Schneider

www.kimberlyjschneider.com
sanchell

Post by sanchell »

Hey, I promised to send that thermometer. I'll look for it today. Send me your mailing address. I'm going to the P.O. this afternoon.
Do it in the Dark,

Steve Anchell