Developers for Document Films?

Discuss all aspects of B&W Film.

Moderator: Black & White Moderators

Richard_Kowalski

Developers for Document Films?

Post by Richard_Kowalski »

Hello all, new member here.

I have a good number of 35mm rolls of Kodak Rapid Process Copy & H&W Control Pan, and a roll of Agfa Copex Rapid.

Just rereading through the chapter on document films in FDC, 2nd edition and am intrigued by the low contrast developer formula on page 133. I've only developed one of these rolls before and was considering using Xtol 1+5 or 1+10 as I have plenty of that around. The other option I was considering is D-25. I'm a little wary of the D-25 for the speed decreasing properties though it seems like a good candidate. The one listed in FDC is a complete unknown to me.

I'd be interested in hearing the thoughts on these three candidates for developing these films.

Thanks

Richard
tim.bowman

Re: Developers for Document Films?

Post by tim.bowman »

Richard, I've had good results with Troops TDLC-103 from page 133 of the FDC, 2nd ed. I'm using half a gram of metol and getting good results with Arista litho film. Troop recommends minimal agitation on page 133 and I agree.
Relistan

Re: Developers for Document Films?

Post by Relistan »

I've got 100 ft of very expired Kodalith I want to give a try. I may try out that recipe. I was also considering POTA. Anyone tried either developer with Kodalith 6556 Type 3?