Beseler Dichro 45 S head

Use this forum for questions about equipment, maintenance, and building a darkroom or for Do It Yourself / Build Your Own gear. If you have something to buy or sell use the Buy & Sell Darkroom Equipment forum below.
slhartsf

Beseler Dichro 45 S head

Post by slhartsf »

Anyone experience a delay of the lamp turning on for the 45 S head? My 45 S delays about 1 sec. when first switched from the timer. I also tried just plugging straight into 120v power and it still delayed the lamp switching on. However, if I immediately turn the lamp back on using the timer or plug, it immediately turns on. If I wait about 20 seconds, it delays again. So the problem is with the initial switch-on. This sounds to me like a capacitor may be going bad (or diode), but I don't know what's in the circuits. Contacted Beseler but no answer so far and I am not expecting I will get contacted.
slhartsf

Re: Beseler Dichro 45 S head

Post by slhartsf »

An update to this issue: After 3 messages (no replies) and 3 phone calls, I was finally told that Beseler does not repair nor can they suggest anyone that can service the 45 S. Whatever happened to customer service?
sanchell

Post by sanchell »

Beseler is pretty much out of business. I think they have one person that still answers the phones, or something like that. Repairing the enlarger chassis is not too difficult but I have no experience with the electronics. Can you try taking it to an electrical repair shop and see if they can diagnose the source of the dysfunction?

Or buy this one on ebay for $159, http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beseler-Dichro- ... SwhURZiLOd

Or this one, new and in box, http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-In-Box-Bese ... 0005.m1851
Do it in the Dark,

Steve Anchell
sanchell

Post by sanchell »

Did you find a 45S head? I was just given one today that looks like it has barely been used. If you want it you can have it for the cost of shipping.
Do it in the Dark,

Steve Anchell