8X10 LED VC ENLARGER HEAD PROJECT

Use this area to discuss anything to do with photography, including your latest project or anything you might be involved with.
JB Harlin

Post by JB Harlin »

Been at it again. This is a project that has been in the works for some time and is finally reality. You can read about it here. . .

http://jbhphoto.com/blog/2016/07/02/leds-vc-printing
SPPhoto

Post by SPPhoto »

Cool and Good Luck. I noticed your name on the front plate. As they say. You name it, you own it! :)
Stephen Prunier Photography
JB Harlin

Post by JB Harlin »

SPPhoto wrote: Cool and Good Luck. I noticed your name on the front plate. As they say. You name it, you own it! :)

Thanks! The head works like a champ. Yep, my name is on there. . . also comes with an Oklahoma Guarantee, "if it breaks, you own both pieces!" :lol:
SPPhoto

Post by SPPhoto »

JB Harlin wrote: [quote=SPPhoto]Cool and Good Luck. I noticed your name on the front plate. As they say. You name it, you own it! :)

Thanks! The head works like a champ. Yep, my name is on there. . . also comes with an Oklahoma Guarantee, "if it breaks, you own both pieces!" :lol:

Are you anywhere near Holliday, TX? I have family there, and my uncle goes to OKC quite a bit.
Stephen Prunier Photography
JB Harlin

Post by JB Harlin »

SPPhoto wrote: Are you anywhere near Holliday, TX? I have family there, and my uncle goes to OKC quite a bit.

That is up near Wichita Falls. . . I am in the Ft. Worth area. . .
sanchell

Post by sanchell »

Wow and congratulations.
Do it in the Dark,

Steve Anchell
andynguyen

Re: 8X10 LED VC ENLARGER HEAD PROJECT

Post by andynguyen »

This is insane! You really took it into your own hands to create things that work for you.
I'm also trying to fashion a similar one out of a spolt 45A head. I'm still stuck though: I havent figured out how to wire the timer into the setup.
From what i've figured out:

- if the timer connects to the 110V-in of the DC-power supply, there is significant delay from the moment 110V-in (from timer) is off till the LED actually goes off (for me it's abt 2-3s), which is bad

So I guess you somehow connect the timer to the Buckdrive V+ & V-. but these are 12V (or 24V depending on the LED used). I went through your instruction pdf times & times again without being able to find the clue on the wiring arrangement. Please kindly enlighten me. Thanks